Are you a Carer?
- on hand 24 hours a day to provide care?
- arranging hospital appointments for someone?
- dropping round each day to keep someone company or cook their dinner?
- visiting a relative who lives far away once a month to see how they’re doing?
Whether you’re caring for your partner, relative or a friend who is ill or disabled for either a long time or temporarily (for example, while they recuperate from an operation), or you've just become a carer, take time to review your options and find out what support is available to you.
Register as a carer with the practice by contacting our Carer's Champion, Jayne Buxton who will take all the necessary information from you, alternatively, complete the online form below.
Find out if you're eligible for Carer's Allowance
Barnardo's CareFree Young Carers Service
This service is for young carers living in Leicester and Leicestershire and aims to provide a flexible, responsive, and culturally sensitive service by:
- ensuring young carers have some opportunity to be free of caring responsibilities
- ensuring equality of opportunity for young carers
- raising awareness of young carers’ issues
- providing family based support and advocacy
- acting as a co-ordinator of services where appropriate
- providing information to young carers and their families
- providing social and leisure activities
- providing practical and emotional support
Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL)
VASL has a dedicated telephone advice line (calls charged at local rates) for carers to talk to experienced professionals in confidence about any aspect of being a carer.
They can also signpost to carer's support groups around the County and have a telephone befriending service specifically for carers.
Support for Carers Leicestershire
For more information and details of events held in the area contact Maureen on 01858 468 543